Your four year old is in preschool and have been fine for months. Now they're saying they don't want to go anymore. What do you do?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 8:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would ask more questions, talk to the teacher and find out what happened the day before. There is usually a reason, see if you LO will give you more info. Could be simply not challenged enough or two much, bulling (yes it happens), yucky lunch.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would go to the preschool and see if somethng happened there.

Answer by louise2 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i would investigate and find out if something happened. A lot of kids go through that though. Mine did about the time I had a new baby in the house. It was probably due to jealousy.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My daughter has actually done this...everything was hunky-dorey until one day she started saying she didn't want to go again...and that kept up for a few days. What I did was set up a conference with the teacher where I asked her if anything changed at school in the past week or so. I was assured nothing changed...at the same time I assured DD that she could tell me about anything that was bothering her. She said nothing was bothering her and, just as suddenly as it started, she stopped saying she didn't want to go back. Not sure what caused it...??
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Assuming nothing happened at school, I'd just weather the storm, before you know it this one will be over and a new one will start. GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010