shot???

has anyone ever received the deprovera shot and if so how did you feel afterward?
Im feeling awful and dont know if its the shot to blame.

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• Yes, although it's been 10 years, and I don't remember the immediate effects, I just know I gained 45 lbs in 9 months on it and had awful mood swings. I wouldn't recommend it.
    I used to work with a nurse who joked that it works so well because no one wants to sleep with you when you're on Depo! Between the weight and the bitchiness, it's no fun!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• goodness thats crazy. i had to get it to prevent a cyst from getting bigger before surgery but thats good to know about the weight gain and moodiness
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have felt terrible since I got it in July. Thankfully I got Yasmin again today, so I hope to be back to normal soon. I had headaches, cramps all the time, dizziness, weight gain, serious fatigue, etc. with the shot. My body hates progestin only birth control, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I hated it. It made me feel horrible.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• anybody have any upside to it??? since i have 3 months to deal with it
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No period for 3 months.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I haven't had a period since June. I got the shot right before I was supposed to start in July. I just started a pack of pills again, thankfully, so hopefully I'll be back to normal all around after this month. I personally like having my period every month (or at least every other month), but I know that most people like not having periods.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2010