Who pays the bills in your house and manages the money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• Both my husband and I do it. Some months it's him writing the checks out, some months it's me. Depends on who gets to it first. We manage the money together. We both talk and agree before making any major purchases.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My husband pays the bills. we both manage the money.
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 11:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I pay all the bills and hubby pays for the food and extras, like car repairs. If I left bill paying up to him, we'd be homeless!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 12:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I manage the money my husband is the worker and gives me the money when he gets it i pay everything and give him 20 a week for gas. We do talk about the bills and things as well. Every Saturday we go over what i have paid and what needs to be paid so we are on the same level with our finances.
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 12:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My husband and I both work. I am the one who manages the finances though. I do the monthly budget in Excel to where he has access to it when he needs to reference it. We both are in agreement as to how much is spent on fun and how much goes to savings.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 1:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My husband works and I take of bills ,check book, receipts, He's the shopper he spends more on junk and stuff we don't need.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My husband works so I can be a SAHM, but I do the bills. Hubby isn't cut out for it! lol!
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 1:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I am a SAHM so I get to pay the bills, but we both make decisions about where the money goes, even if it is something small.
    Mrs.Chase

Answer by Mrs.Chase at 1:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Me, me & me. I'm a single mom without child support. I live in his house that he grew up in & he would love for me to discuss my finances, but I figure it's none of his biz since he doesn't add to the house hold (diapers, food, gas..etc) He hates that
    Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 2:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• He pays bills He makes money. I just do what I am told with it....except my "allowance" LOL once a week...
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2008