Chipped nail polish

I love to paint my nail, but I hate like a day or 2 later it starts to chip off. I always put 2 coats of nail polish and a layer of top coat, but it always chips. Any thing that helps it not chip?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I get my nails done really short. Sure it's a bit expensive but as long as you don't get cougar claws it's still very manageable and always looks neat.

I can't stand chipped nail polish, but keeping it long lasting has proved very difficult.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have heard that if you have oily nails that the polish chips off easier. I think I saw a base coat that was marketed toward people with oily nails at Walgreens.
    haileysmom2833

Answer by haileysmom2833 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• try using your top coat on the underside of the nail as well. This will help to seal it completely. I used to even put my color underneath as well. It is worth a try.... Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have natural nails and this is what I use: OPI has a good base coat for natural nails. Use that first then nail polish/2 coats then top coat. Every other day apply another top coat and be sure to use rubber gloves doing housework or dishes. My polish will last 2 weeks with no chips. This works for me, good luck.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Make sure you go around the tip of the nails. Top with a clear coat. This helps a bit!
    sophiesmom07

Answer by sophiesmom07 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• When I want my polish to last, I put a layer of quick drying top coat on every morning.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• get them Shellac'd. its a new nail 'color' that lasts up to 14 days. its a Creative Nail product, and its more expensive than a regular manicure. the color is 'cured' like a gel, under a lamp. it is super-strong, very shiny, and wonderful. mine was done last friday, and there are no signs of chipping, no scratches, super shiny, still. it cures in seconds, you can bang your nails, rub them..its a done deal. awesome!!
    you wouldn't believe it until you see it...find out who in your area is doing this service/product. its revolutionary for natural nails. (no, i'm not getting paid to advertise. LOL! its just THAT GOOD!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• im with beeky on this one
    babygurl9876637

Answer by babygurl9876637 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have acyril tips and my polish never chips. if you have the money have your nails or get a manicure and ask the people the salon to keep the poish from chipping.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nail salon!! For some reason when they do it, polish stays longer!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2010