i can not get my 4 year to go bed til like 12 in the am what can i do to get to go to sleep!! please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• does s/he take a nap? if so cut the nap
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• What is she doing. Getting up, having fits? I recommend supernanny's stay in bed technique. And if she is in bed but not able to sleep then yes, cut out a nap if she still takes one.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• "Healthy sleep habits, Happy child"

I think that book might help you. If I answered your question with what I would do, I would be crucified on CM. LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• nope no nap!!! she can just go go go!!! i get my infant son to bed at 10 and then she just wants to play!! then she is so crabby in the morning cause i wake her up thinking she will go to bed early and she dont!! i dont no how to keep her in her room to sleep!!!
    chloecolton

Answer by chloecolton at 9:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• what do u do? email me at michellemeyer3@yahoo.com and tell me what do i need help!!
    chloecolton

Answer by chloecolton at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I finally had to be the mean mother to my 3 year old and would hold her door shut while she screamed and tried to get out. She fell asleep in front of the door 4 nights in a row but she goes to sleep now. She would literally cry herself to sleep. I always gave her the chance forst to just stay in her bed. If she got up I held the door. It was HORRIBLE!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ok well i mite have to be a mean mommy to then!! thank u
    chloecolton

Answer by chloecolton at 9:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Every time she gets up, put her back in bed. Simple as that, and start WAAAYYYY earlier. OMG, mine all go to bed by 8.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• try these ----
    a shorter rest in the afternoon or no nap, play outside to get tired, after bath ( tell her ok we have 30 min till bed, then say 20, then 10, then 5) read some stories to her, put some soft music on, pray w/ her and turn out the light
    if she gets up, say It's bed time and put her back to bed--after the first time dont say anything to her- just put her back to bed
    BE CONSISTENT
    mocha76

Answer by mocha76 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I feel your pain. My oldest who is now 25 was crawling at 4 months and walking at 81/2 months. She stopped naps at 1. I dont know how we both lived threw it. She jumped out of bed running and never stopped. I had to be very stingent and scheduled. It was tough at first but it worked. Cut out sweets by 3pm, no naps, start a night time ritual and stick to it. 6:30 a warm bath with lavender, 7pm read a story time, 7:30 nighty night. Oh yes 7:30 because she is going to get up 50 times for about the first month. Lights out you sit on the bed, then every night move alittle closer to the door. When she gets up no talking just put her back in bed. Do not react. She will eventually get it..or you can stand outside her door and hold it shut. I could not do that lol. Not slammin moms who do I just coudnt. Im not sure if there is a dad around but he is going to have to help with your baby while you fight with the big girl
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010