my dd is a wild child

She was running around with her purse and baby when she tripped and feel on our wood floor, I think she may have hit the back of her head not sure I heard a loud thump and went running. She is constantly trying to copy her brothers so I am constantly chasing her. I am not sure what i should look for with a head bump. It was right before her nap time so she was already sleepy and just now went to sleep. She was playing fine after and cried right after it happened. Does anyone know what i should watch for? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That watermelon hitting the floor sound has got to be one of the worst sounds in the world!

Try to rouse her after an hour. Just give her a little shake and make sure she stirs/mumbles/something before she goes back to sleep.
    Once she is awake again, keep an eye on her behavior and movements. Is she playing at her normal level or is she quiet? Is she moving OK, using both sides of her body OK?
    Do not hesitate to call her doctor. He (or she) will probably tell you she's fine but if you have any concerns, get her checked out. Being labeled a "nervous mom" isn't a bad thing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008