Why are people hesitant when you offer a business opportunity to them for free?

I am able to offer a home based business to anyone that would like one, however when I tell them it is absolutely free they think it is a catch. How can I break tha barrier?

jforeman12

Asked by jforeman12 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• cause nothing is free
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yeah cause people including me a doubtful, careful, I would too think theres a catch - nothings for free or it might be a scam.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree with 2Blonde, nothing is ever free. If I have to give you my credit card number, even though you tell me it's free, than it really is not free. I remember one time I was supposedly entered in a sweepstakes. THey called and said I qualified for a drawing of a million dollars or a new car with no purchase necessary. Then they said I had to subscribe to seven magazines. I said, "I thought there was no purchas necessary." The guy got all pissed, I said, "Well you're not taking my damn money." and I hung up on him. so nothing is free darling.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree, nothing is free. The business it's self may be free but what about materials, programs or products. How reliable is it. Is it really workable for anyone, like is their qoutas...That would go through my head. especially with my bed experience with Mary Kay.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Because scams are so frequent with paying and people have been burnt so many times. Also it is the suspicious nature of someone giving you something for nothing. But you know I am curious so I'll listen to your proposal.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would say because there are so many scams out there people are afraid of things being scams. i really don't how you can make someone think it is not a scam sorry
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Actually this business is free and you do not have to give your credit card or anything. As far as materials you don't have to purchase any. If you like it is a good idea to get yourself some business cards but you can have those thru Vista prints... just pay the shipping and handling. When signin up for the business we do not ask for credit card information. You just put in your name, address, telephone number, email address and the name the you would like to use for your new business. It is up once you hit submit. And yes it is free and you will never be charged for the website. This is a legit home based business. We are even traded on the stock exchange.
    jforeman12

Comment by jforeman12 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Because it sounds like a MLM, and the only people who do well with those are the ones who prey on their friends....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• there are so many scams out there it's just incredibly hard to trust anyone anymore
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't trust you.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010