How many moms decide to drink to get rid of stress at the end of the day?

I have a few cocktails just about every night! Just wondering how many other moms do as well!

tisha1030

Asked by tisha1030 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a drink every once in awhile
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Or smoke???
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• While I have considered it, I don't do it. I do not have anything against drinking, but I come from a long line of alcoholics and I fear I might go down the same road if I allow it to become a habit.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• about once a week. More during busy seasons at work but even then no more than twice a week or so. A few cocktails just about every night sounds like a lot...have you considered other stress relievers? I am SO not against drinking or anything(I love it actually), it just isn't healthy to 'drink' away your stress every night.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• nope not at all, I only drink when I go out with my SO or the ladies i am more of a "social drinker"
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Oh trust me I know! I am a nanny! I have one horrific 3 year old of my own and nanny another 3 year old and a 6 year old! I am also potty training. Dealing with a fiance that gives me absolutely no support. and I am now tutoring the 6 year old! Amongst taking care of two households and a messed up family whom I constantly worry about!

To Justins mommy I think about "smoking" every once and a while Miss it really from when I was a teen but unfortunately it just makes me pass out. lol! But I do love the taste of the real stuff not any of this Legal gas station stuff... lol! Now that I live in a big city though whose culture is drinking it just feels more along the right line to drink opposed to smoking!
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I hardly ever drink but I have been seriously thinking about starting to drink wine, maybe a glass or two now and then to help destress.I just don't know what is good!! lol..I like sweeter wines not dry and tart!!
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I will have a drink or two every once in a while (3 times a month at the most) to wind down but not as a stress reliever. I grew up with an alcoholic father so I make sure to limit my drinking and never get to the point where I need it to relieve stress. Needing a few drinks every night to relieve stress is actually an indication of a drinking problem so maybe you might think about different ways to relieve stress.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• LOL...My dh's EX wife does this all of the time 7 days a week. She acts like she is the victim here.
    Anonymous

• I would love to! I think if it was a daily thing it would only be one BUT my day usually ends pretty close to when everyone else begins and I feel strange having a drink at 6 in the morning.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 9:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010