any upside to deprovera shot?

i posted something earlier about it and have gotten a lot of negative only things and i wasnt sure if anyone had experienced an upside to getting the shot?

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• i don't think there is a upside other than no period, i gained sooooo much weight and was a total bitch while taking that shot, I hated it! I wouldn't suggest it to neone! I loved the nuva ring though.
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• well... it's pretty effective against preventing pregnancy... a little too effective. I can't believe depo is still on the market, actually.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• so i only got my first shot today do you think it will effect me in the future? Im not going to get another one as i only had to for surgery in 6 weeks and want to start a family soon so do you think it will effect the chances of pregnancy with only one shot??
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No period I guess. One shot should not totally throw you off too bad. It took me about six months to get a period after one dose and I was able to get pregnant after I started getting periods again.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No period and for me it meant no more pregnancies ever since I was using it until my Essure kicked in.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• One shot probably won't screw things up too bad. Although every single woman I've known who's had depo, had a lot of trouble getting pregnant afterwards (taking a year or more) and I know seven women who have had miscarriages after depo but didn't have any problems prior.
    Either way, talk to your doctor -- and maybe wait a while before you guys start trying. Good luck!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010