did you use the bumper on your crib?

Tonight is my daughters first night in her own room and crib. I'm a little nervous about the bumper but she likes to lie vertical rather than horizontal with her feet and head nearly toughing the ends of where ever she is lying. I just checked on her and she is not that way yet but with her face more towards the bumper

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes. If she is old enough to roll towards it she is old enough to roll away if it becomes an issue. It's okay! :0) If you are super worried about it they make a plain white mesh one that's breathable you can use.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• no, i never did. but mainly because i could never get it to tie nice and tight and changing the sheets is a pain in the butt. I had it in the crib at first but after changing the sheets i never put it back in.
    She'll be fine either way!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes I always used the bumper.
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• With my daughter i used the thick bumper and this time around I got the breathable bumper and i feel much safer. I got mine from www.onestepahead.com but you can find them in other places.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I used a bumper until she was at least a year old.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Nope. They have been proven to increase risk of SIDS. Also, for safety reasons, they are not supposed to be used once the baby starts pulling, sitting, standing, etc. If you want to use a bumper to keep her limbs from getting stuck, it is best to use a breathable. You can order them online or buy them at Babies R Us.
    07Mommy10

Answer by 07Mommy10 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010