WHAT is everyones favorite Halloween type movie????

Just a Halloween type question. What is your favorite scary, or horror movie??? I think mine is Halloween not 3 though, because it has nothing to do with Mike Myers. Halloween movies are not too too scary...especially for an older child like my nine yr old. Freddy movies are worse, Jason movies are not too bad, but some are yucky. The uncut versions of them all are wayyyy to gross...so I would NOT let my son see them, and the parts of movies that I think are coming up, I tell him to close eyes.

momson666

Asked by momson666 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• the original halloween
    Mamii0f2

Answer by Mamii0f2 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ITS THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN! and blair Witch project. and old school eddie kruger dreams stuff nightmare on elm st
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show ... it's only scary when you think of Tim Curry in corsets, high heels and gaudy makeup.

I do like Rob Zombie's take on Halloween and Halloween II

I haven't seen a really scary movie in a long time ... no, wait, I take that back. I watched (kind of like a train wreck, you just can't look away when you know you should) Rob Zombie's The Haunted World of El Superbeasto the other night. *shudder* That was just WRONG! 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My all time fave is Hellraiser, but House of 1,000 corpses was good too.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• well thank you guys for your imput. I agree about Rob Zombies stuff...wayyyyy too ewwww. Its funny, that i didnt even consider Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown....well of course that is not a scary one, but a classic. I was never into The Rocky Horror one...i am only 36 so it was before my time. The Blair witch project was ok....not real scary, just weird and suspensful. I do like Tim Curry though in Annie, and such...he is cute and talented...wow double threat...and I have seen some of rocky horror, and he is scary in a corset and heels...lol. Freddy Kruegger is good and scary, but some is too icky for even older children....Luckily my son is quite smart and knows the difference between fact and fiction....true and lala land. He knows a good ketchup spill, over the real blood...which comes from my nose when we wrestle, or when he had his first fall last year, on his bike. yukky, but I let him bleed all over my shirt anyway
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I hate scary movies so I have to agree with Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I'm a wuss!
    Mommy2Jolee

Answer by Mommy2Jolee at 10:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• nahh, you are not a wuss, sometimes i cant stand them. especially when the older man we live with likes them and asks...but since i became a real true mother, i have turned more sane and not soooo disturbed...like watching horror movies. lol.
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Halloween, and the original black and white version of Night of the Living Dead.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I like funny, non depressing movies since life is already stressful and depressed enough. Also cartoons OF COURSE, and a good Lifetime drama girlie movie. Now i know some of those dramas are a bit too real and sad ish, but I cant help myself. I like to see whos life is more miserable than mine. lol. not many.lol. I like Liar Liar type movies, Tom and Jerry, The Jetsons, any cute animated movies, like all of the Disney movies. They are classics. Like Cinderella, animated, ...i call them , the real ones. Cars, Pinochio, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, Alice in Wonderland, Lion King sort of, Emperers New Groove....hahaha, Thumbelina, and all the rest. I love Jim Carrey...cute and hilarious...oh Robin Williams....AWESOME in Mrs. Doubtfire, the voice of Aladdin, and One Hour Photo...suspenseful...ooohhh. Oh yeah, one of the best is Three Amigos....F'in hilarious...those three actors are soooo talented. well night
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• oh yeah ...night of the living dead, and those zombie movies.....yyyyuuuccckkk. They are so fake, and discusting....I wont let my son see them....and he doesnt want to anyway. The flesh tearing...in the new ones especially, is sooooo ewwwww gross. I think i will stick to Halloween or cartoons....there are quite a few good halloween animated movies or even shows that have Halloween specials or themes. Like R.L Stines Goosebumps series, or Halloween town or stuff like that. Thank you moms for all your great comments. You have made me truly "smile"....when there is NOT much to smile about around here under this roof. have a HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEENS...ALL HALLOWS EVE.
    momson666

Comment by momson666 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010