Why does my 7 month old son cry in his sleep?

My son has been waking up a few times a night crying but his eyes are closed. Why? And how do we get past this without the crying out method?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 9:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 6 months and does this a few times a week. I hear him screaming on the baby monitor and I run in to check on him and he is still sleeping. I just put a nuk back in his mouth and rub his head and it always makes him stop. I feel bad because I know the sound of the cry, it means he is scared so I know he is probably having a bad dream.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Babies dream just like us. Dd used to cry in her sleep. It never lasted long, I'd just put my hand on her. If she seemed really disturbed, I'd wake her and nurse her. Ds has whimpered in his sleep a few times. Today he babbled and giggled during a nap.
    07Mommy10

Answer by 07Mommy10 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Nightmeres or Gas. Those are my guesses.
    Nightmeres there's nothing you can do about those unfortunately.
    Gas you can help relieve that by changing his diet, changing the bottle/sippy cup he uses, or giving him a bath before bed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Night terrors, and the fact is that sometimes they will even hve their eyes open and actually be sleeng. It is not a dream, more of a feeling. And you can only wait itout, There is no cure.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My son does the same thing, and he sleeps with me so he usually scoots over to where he's touching, or i pull him over to me and he settles down, sometimes right away, but sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes. He might be teething or wet or cold or hot. I thinks it's something like that usually. CHanging him or covering him up or taking something off usually helps too, but he mostly just wants to be close. He used to be inconsolable sometimes, and i think that must have been nightmares, becasue absolutely nothing i did made him feel better and i used to have to just wait out his crying right there with him. He would cry inconsolably for a few minutes and then scoot over to me and flop across me and sleep soundly again.
    houghmom

Answer by houghmom at 2:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My son had extremely long hair, when he was a baby. He would grab his hair (IN HIS SLEEP) and pull it , without realizing what he was doing. He would cry. It could also be dreams too.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2010