alternate of pumpkin carving tools ... ???

first time im carving a pumpkin.. ive been browsing some sites online to get some idea how to carve it. but i cant find any alternate of fleshing tool and miniature saw or linoleum carving tool. for fleshing tool i can always use something from my kitchen to scoop out the pulp .. but dont know what to use instead of the carving tool for making a perfect shape??? will a knife do? i just bought one pumpkin (cant afford to buy another incase i mess this one up) so plz tell me what can i use instead which will be easily found in my kitchen .. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If it is a super detailed design you will need the small carving saw. AS far a scoop yeah in fact a big kitchen spoon is better than that dinky scoop they give you any way!! A paring knife would be fine for a simple face.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• A paring knife may work.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• we just carved ours and used a steak knife and a spactula
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010