Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Have been seperated for 10 yrs. want a divorce!!!!

we seperated over 10 yrs ago. Realllly want to finally be done with it! any websites u can recommend to get the paperwork to file on my own would be great!

Answer Question

Asked by debeccaz at 10:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Look up your state's laws and such to find out what paperwork is available.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • look up non contested divorces. They have kits that are a lot less expensive then hiring a lawyer to do what you can do yourself. The kits includes all the paperwork necessary and instructions on how to file with the court. Everything including the court fee should run you no more then about 500 depending on the depth you want to go such as child support, spousal support, etc. which is a heck of a lot less then paying a lawyer 100-150 an hour. It will be cheaper if none of that applies.

    Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • Try Legalease or Legalzoom. That's all got for you. Good luck.

    Answer by ladygetz at 11:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • They have the papers at office depot. Just fill in the blanks and file them at the court house.

    Answer by BluDog at 11:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.