How to get motivated and stay motivated!

I am 5'2'' weigh 159. I need to loose at least 40 lbs to be at my target healthy weight! For 2 months I ran 4 times or more a week and did 3 days of strength training! saw absolutely no weight drop. lost 3 inches around my belly! That was in the first 2 weeks! then nothing! I only ate 1000 calories a day! all health foods! Which I still do! But I got depressed again and quit exercising! Probably has to do with the fact that nothing I do pleases my SO and I am stuck in a never ending circle of fights and unsatisfactions! But how do you stay motivated even through depression!

tisha1030

Asked by tisha1030 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You know it may have nothing to do with motivation and everything to do with stress. No matter what you are doing if you are under a lot of stress the weight just won't come off.
    Travelbbmom

Answer by Travelbbmom at 10:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Thanks for the tip! And I definitely am constantly under stress!
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Have you tried cutting out all whites?White flour, sugar,rice and all processed food??You should check with your Dr.t seems like the older I get(almost 50) the harder it is for me also.I quit smoking mid Jan. and gained 25 pounds that I can't seem to lose.I started exercising 5 days a week and not seeing a big change,its taking longer to see results.I feel your pain,hang in there and keep going for nobody but You! HUGS!Sherri
    mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 11:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My husband is the same way, no matter what he does, he doesn't lose weight and it's so frustrating for him. He does think a big culprit is that he usually eats a big dinner. Granted, you're only eating 1000 calories, which is very little, maybe try having them earlier in the day and not eat much at night? I also heard that it helps to eat small meals throughout the day, versus 3 meals. So, it'd be like having 6 mini-meals of around 200 calories each.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have people that help motivate me and I them. It's on facebook and we're starting a new page so there's no advertising products. My husband motivates me without even realizing it. I started exercising 4 months ago and he says things without even realizing the effect it has on me, yesterday he walked up behind me and said 'man is that a nice view' I haven't heard that in ages!
    I'm also motivated by the energy I have not that I've made some changes. And the big one - I had to find a workout I loved, one with upbeat music and fun moves - found it!
    You can do the same!
    ChristenaH

Answer by ChristenaH at 9:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• only 1000 calories!! you could be starving yourself...when your body goes from eating whatever it wants to hardly anything it goes into starvation mode taking everything it gets and storing it as fat for later. my DH had the same problem and was told by a nutritionist to shoot for 1600-1800 calories a day and stay away from the junk. also the stress of your relationship probably isnt helping either.

but as far as motivation goes, make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight. whenever you feel down about not losing fast enough or being deprived of good foods check your list and remind yourself why your dieting in the first place. it really helped me earlier this year (before i got pregnant) lose 30 lbs over 7 months. it was slow but it was something!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Your body won't lose weigh if you are eating to little calorie, it will think you are starving and make fat to help you make it through it. The lest amount of calories anyone should be eating is 1200.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Joining a group might also motivate you. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• thanks everyone! dunno! tried everything basically you are all suggesting and it is not working! I think my problem is the mental more so then the physical motivation! I don't eat much because I am to anxious to eat and feel like It will just come back up! I don't have the motivation of my spouse! his motivation is to tell me not to eat something or to tell me I need to do what I am doing another way! Or to tell me I need to loose 30lbs and that is why he doesn't want to be intimate. etc.... Those are supposed to be my motivation according to him! And I hate going outside to run because I don't want people to stare at me! And it hurts my chest! Tried duct taping them down (Ds or larger) but they still hurt a lot afterwards!
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010