is there anyone out there been diagnosed with COPD?

today i was diagnosed with COPD. along with all the other things i have going on already. but anyways is there anyone who has it and how do you deal? I am so scared. does anyone know of a good web site to help me find info on this disease?

Carolynpritts

Asked by Carolynpritts at 5:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• I'm sorry I am not diagnosed with it, but I know my husband's pharmaceutical company makes a drug for it called Sprivia. I think they have a website you can google. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'll be praying for you.
    Anonymous

• Hi, sorry to hear your diagnosis. I don't have COPD, but know someone who does. She had to start taking breathing treatments at home that she got from the Dr. From what I understand, there is no cure at this time. COPD is a combo. of bronchitis & emphysema, I believe. I would just search COPD on the net, & I'm sure you'll find info. I wish I could help more. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• My mom has it and so does my best friend. As well as my grandpa and grandma. I know it's scarey but if you're not on oxygen then it's not that bad yet. Try to quit smoking if you can and if you can't do it by yourself try Chantix. That's how everyone I know has quit. I'm assuming that you smoke? My mother has had it for 4 years and still hasn't quit smoking. She still works full time and is fine. She just gets sick more often. Everyone progresses differently. My advice is to NOT look this up on the internet. It will only scare you more. Talk to your doctor and see if you can get some info pamphlets from him/her.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was diagnosed with COPD approx 10 years ago. To learn more about it, i went to mayoclinic.com and read up on it there. While COPD does affect my life, it doesn't have to control my life. Their are so many medications out there that work well for it. My doctor has me on several medications. Working together, i seem to breathe easier. It is hard for me to exert myself without feeling the affects of the COPD. COPD can easily turn into Emphazema so please watch your COPD carefully and stay under constant doctors care. When i am sick, i need oxygen to help.
    CairoMom

Answer by CairoMom at 6:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was diagnosed with COPD due to chronic bronchitis two years ago.
    tinashannon1991

Answer by tinashannon1991 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010