how much will i spend if i file for a divorce?no assets but had 1 child but we agreed at a certain amount for child support

makeng

Asked by makeng at 10:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends on your state. Call your local court house and ask what the filing costs are.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It depends and the judge usually sets the child support. If there are no custody fights or house to sell furniture nithing. I think my 1st divorce cost me about $1500.00 and it was really simple
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• sorry I meant Nothingnot nithing
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yeah it depends on your state and your county... and if you are willing to risk filling out the forms yourself. Sometimes its best to get a legal aid.. or someone else to fill out everything for you (they have a better idea of where and when things need to be in) otherwise you end up with more fees and more waiting.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 10:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We had no assets, just one child with support. It's costing me total - with attorney fees at a discounted rate no less, court, fees for items in the judgement (regarding 401k, parenting classes) - approximately $5k.
    Anonymous