was anyone out doing there everyday normal thing when there water broke???

if so what would you do??? sorry just asking cuz my friend asked me and i am unable to help her...Thanks girls

my water never broke on it's own...the doctors did that part :)

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 10:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I do not remember my water breaking, which leads me to believe I was one of the very rare, & extrememly lucky ones who was already in the restroom at the time. Since I did not know it had broken, I delayed going to the hospital for a couple of hours.

However, if I had been aware of it breaking, I would most likely have gotten the store or restraunt staff to call an ambulance, while I called to arrange getting my car back home, and getting someone to meet me at the hospital. Some women have been known to drive themselves, but my l& d time was too short for me to even consider doing that in the future.

Hope I was of some help.
    xv35ballx

Answer by xv35ballx at 10:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I was asleep. I thought I had peed! I actually went through the WHOLE DAY leaking all over the place, thinking I had just completely lost control of my bladder (and never doing the math that I was still peeing as much as normal). It wasn't until it turned pink that I figured out it was probably my water!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I know that your water can break at any time but i think i heard that only about 15% of womens water actually break and the rest their water has to be broken for them they go into labor first getting contractions and whatnot.
    Jezzeria

Answer by Jezzeria at 10:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My water did not break but my friends did. She was in the bathroom brushing her teeth getting ready to go pick her DD up form her sisters house when she felt a pop and it started trickling down her leg. She had to call her sister to tell her 'Change of Plans!' and met her DH on the porch when he got home a little while later with her bags ready. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I dropped my DH at the Metro station that morning and went shopping. I still needed to get stuff for the overnight bag. I did notice that I was a little wet but assumed that it was because I needed to go to the bathroom. After I went to the bathroom a couple of times that day and still was wet I called my doctor who suggested that I come in and be checked. I went in, they did their test and found out I had been leaking all day. With the 2nd child the doctor broke my water.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• it's not as common as hollywood makes it out to be. lol that's really why it's on every woman's brain near the end, seeing so many women on tv have their water break in public. but that's tv, makes it a bit more entertaining than having the water break while on the toilet lol.

my water didn't break with ds, but with dd it did. i had taken a sleeping pill, passed out, and 2hrs later woke up to deal with something. my aunt had just gotten there, and being the hostess i am, i of course got up, totally sleepy, just to say hi, come on in, make yourself at home, ect. she was to watch my son while i was in labor. we had a false alarm, she was an hour and half away so she came anyway, just in case. good thing she did. dh was running to the store, she marched me back to bed. i layed down, felt a gush and belined it for the bathroom. from spotting earlier that morning i had a pad, so i made it!! the bed was safe :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The only time my water broke was with my first. I was having minor contractions all day but nothing regular. I had a doc appt that day and told her so she said she'd check me to see if I was dilated or anything. She put her finger in and said "um...i think i just broke your water" and went for the litmus sticks!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• After my water broke I continued to do my normal life stuff.
    Each day I would go to the grocery store, movie rental sore, park, appointments, restaurants with a towel in my undies...
    I was not in labor yet, so another day in the Third Trimester.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Mine had to be broken by the Dr.....not much help, sorry! Bump for ya though! :)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2010