how do you know when your baby has dropped what all have you gals experienced??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My belly would float up and down a bit during my third trimester, but it didn't officially drop until my water broke. It was SIGNIFICANTLY lower.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I was carrying really high this whole pregnancy, one night i noticed i was lower, than the next day it was higher again but by the end of the day it had dropped significantly and has been down there ever since creeping lower and lower to the point that now my stomach rests on top of my legs. It didnt hurt or anything, but it defiitely makes me anxious for her to be here already!
    Jezzeria

Answer by Jezzeria at 10:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• UGH! I never dropped!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Oh man, I have been waddling for 3 days now. I can feel the pressure on my cervix every time he moves in there, and it feels like I have a baseball in my vagina.

DS didn't drop until after active labor began due to being induced.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• When the baby has officially dropped it feels like you have a lead ball sitting at the vaginal door. When you walk, squat, sit, stand, or basically even breathe you can feel him sitting right there. It is about the most uncomfortable part of the entire pregnancy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I never had the feeling of the baby being "right there". When my son dropped my belly looked lower, he wasn't kicking my ribs as much, my contractions got a little stronger and it made my sacro-iliac joint ache a little more. Other than that I never experienced any baseball-in-the-vagina feelings... not even when he was being born, I only felt him when I was actually pushing him out.

My daughter never dropped. She was my firstborn. I also only felt her when I was pushing her out.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I could frickin breathe again!! Like walk down the hall at work without getting winded! Also felt lots more pressure on my groin area.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2010