religion

What religion do you practice and does your SO practice the same one ? I am a Wiccan but my husband is a Christian. And shockingly our religious differences doesn't cause any issues with us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We're Christian. Not a specific religion, because religion seems to get in the way of faith! DH and i are at different levels of our faith, but we both believe the same thing.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well, I follow Hindu philosophy and my husband is Catholic, although he is not devout nor practicing. Surprisingly, our beliefs are not that different.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• – collapse
    If he was a true Christian it would. It says in the bible not to associate with that can sway us, or influence us against God. Wiccans do that, so according to God's word he shouldn't be associating with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I am Luthern.. he is nothing. It creates HUGE issues. I am a believer in "it doesn't matter what you have faith in as long as you have faith in something" and he openly finds it foolish. I think it is wrong to mock someones beliefs.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 10:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If he was a true Christian it would. It says in the bible not to associate with that can sway us, or influence us against God. Wiccans do that, so according to God's word he shouldn't be associating with you.

WHO are you to decide if someone is a true Christian or not?
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 10:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm an Eclectic Pagan, he's Christian, and no, we don't have any real issues over our religious differences. Religion in general makes him very uncomfortable, even his own, so it tends to be a subject we simply ignore.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are both Roman Catholic.

BTW...Christianity is not a religion, it is a belief.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I didn't decide that. I'm just saying what the bible says. According to the bible, he should not be around or WANT to be around someone of that religion.
    Honestly, my sister-in-law is a wiccan and I love her to pieces. Just saying what the bible says.
    Anonymous

• @Original Poster - WOW you're lucky!
    I'm no longer obsessively religious so it's not really a big deal in our household, but I've known couples to go to war (well maybe not war, but you know) over beliefs.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• "According to the bible, he should not be around or WANT to be around someone of that religion."

Where does it say that? Christ himself associated with sinners, Samaritans, lepers, and every other class of people. We're all God's children. That doesn't mean we turn our back on someone because they believe something different.

And in answer to the OP question, my husband and I are of the same faith, so religious differences don't come in to play. Actually, since we share our religious culture, it has helped us overcome some of the challenges of being from two different ethnic backgrounds. My heritage is Jewish on my dad's side and Irish on my mom's, and I was raised Christian in Utah. My husband was raised Catholic and is from Mexico. Our shared religion has brought us closer together.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2010