What's wrong with this dog's butt?

Sometimes he seems to walk sideways, like he's trying to hide his butt. Anyone know what that means? I've asked him, he don't answer.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pets

• "I've asked him and he doesn't answer" Haha Dogs, you know..

Walking sideways, wobbly, or otherwise off balance can be a sign of a nuerological disorder. Whether it was brought on by a stroke, a tumor, or just a general glitch in the brain. If he's recently started doing it then it could be a sign of something developing, or as stated he might've had a stroke. It could as well be something as harmless as feeling embarrassed or ashamed. Maybe he has used the bathroom in the house and is trying to hide from it as to not get into trouble. It could be that he's shying away from a specific person in the house. Whether they intimidate him or again he's afraid to get into trouble for something he's done.

I would take him to the vet and have him evaluated.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• maybe worms
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My old dog use to do that too. It's kinda like he wanted his butt to be next to his head while he was walking. I told the vet about it once but he didn't seem too concerned, said it was okay.
    Mine was a Jack Russell, yours isn't by any chance, is it?
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• does he do it when you call him to you sometimes? it may be a nervous thing. as well, our border collie/australian shepherd jogs sideways sometimes. (I say jog because it's moreso that than a run)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010