Does anyone else feel this way about car stickers?

I'm talking about the ones that have the school name, the sport and the kid's name and number or position played. Doesn't that make it a cake walk for molesters or similar psychos out there?

Hey, Brittany, I work with your mom and she's running late....asked me to pick you up. How was practice? You know, I played softball, used to be number 12, what, no way!! You too?? Short stop is a tough position...

MishOrion

Asked by MishOrion at 10:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Good point...and now I'll never put any sticker what-so-ever on my vehicle, lol.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I hate bumper stickers and would never put any kind on my car ever...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you choose to, you can find something wrong with just about anything and everything... I had a shirt that said something like proud mommy to boys, and got lectures about how I was helping the pedophiles... I mean really, if you live your life in fear of what could happen, you aren't ever going to get to enjoy it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree! I feel the same way about putting those name appliques on back packs.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• absolutly, i hate it when kids have their names printed on their clothes as well. or when parents teach their kids their phone number and address and they are so proud that they "show" it off to random people. i had a little girl tell me everything from her full name, address, phone number, moms full name, i mean i could have kidnaped her and robbed them blind. and the mom just sat there as proud as could be. i mean i dont look threatening, but who knows who else was listening.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Not gonna stop me from getting them! :-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I feel that way about military spouses who put "the other half of my heart is in Iraq" or something like that. It's like you are advertising your spouse is gone.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That's why I never had them with any of my 4 kids. I have an even BETTER one than that! We have houses in the neighborhood that have their DD's cheerleading banner in their front yards, one with school name, team name AND DD's name!! Can you say "Hey, cute teanage daughter in the house!"??? Now, in my day that would have merely been an invitation to kids to TP the house. But, today is VERY different.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I've never seen any that were that detailed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• What about those family stickers, you tell everyone your name, your child's name and even their pet's name in some cases. Nothing like saying "Hey, Susie, I'm a friend of your mom, Ally, and she asked me to give you a ride home." A lot of kids use their pets names as the "safe word" if parents still do that too, so it's crazy to me to advertise it all. Am I paranoid? Maybe, but my kid won't be abducted because I have some cute sticker on my car.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2010