Odd question...Is it really bad if i eat bacon 3 times a week?

I don't eat red meat just fish, chicken and bacon.

GemmaCap

Asked by GemmaCap at 5:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Depends what you mean by bad?

If you want optimal health and to thrive then yes...but if you are fine being the way you are then no.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Have you tried turkey bacon? I love it just as much as regular bacon. However, DH groans when I cook it! HA!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I will have to try turkey bacon..thanks! I would say that i am pretty healthy and eat well but bacon is my weakness. Funny thing is i used to be a vegetarian (10 years) and as soon as i fell pregnant i craved chicken and bacon so i started eating them again.
    GemmaCap

Answer by GemmaCap at 5:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Turkey bacon is horrible! lol :)
    If you're only having a couple pieces, you'll be fine. My grandpa ate bacon 3-4 times a week and sausage the other days. He was 93 when he passed away and other than the pneumonia that took him, he was healthy as can be.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Ooooooh, I LOVE turkey bacon.. it's definitely not the same as real bacon. But I still love it, especially when it gets a little charred in the fry pan.. yum
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008