What am I supposed to do?

I really just am at a loss right now. My husband- he has an awesome, awesome guy. He cooks (sometimes), he helps me clean up, we're a team at bedtime. Our kids are young and frustrating, but we deal with them together. He works a lot- like 65+ hours a week. It's not a choice, he has to or he'd be drowning in backlog. We have some family drama going on with my brother and his pregnant girlfriend, he's stressed with work, but he's been SO grouchy with me. My friends call me, and he gets all sarcastic. When I am devoting my full attention to him- he asks why, or what else I could be doing. I've asked several times if I'm doing something wrong, or how I can make it better. I feel like I am failing as a wife because I feel like I cannot make him happy. This has been going on for weeks. Any advice?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with Chevey. He is stressed and taking it out on you. You don't deserve it but sometimes when you are married that's the way it is. Do something nice for him to give him some time to refuel. A hot bath, or maybe a massage at the spa. Something that would help him relax and get him away from everything. If he still doesn't cheer up and appreciate your efforts to support him talk to him about it. Sounds like you guys normally have a great connection. You'll make it through this, just keep those lines of communication open.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The man is frustrated and exhausted. You are not failing as a wife and his reactions are not really about you but rather he has no one else to trow it at. Don't doubt your abilities Dear. If and when you can, do something nice but simple like run him a bath or give him some alone time since he doesn't have much. If he gets sarcastic try to turn it around. but don't feed into an arguement. sounds like he needs to vent and you don't want the bunt of that.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You can't make anyone happy,I love my DH he doesn't make me happy.I am happy because I am happy with myself.Just like I can't make him happy.With him being stressed out all you can do is be there,try to talk to him.Let him know when he wants to talk you will be there to listen.My DH woks a lot of hours to so I will give a massage,get some massage oils.Giving your DH a full body massage will do wonders.good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• you can be the best wife in the world
    YET
    you can not MAKE someone else happy
    you can do things that another person likes, but you are not responsible for other persons happiness
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sounds to me like he might be suffering from Depression. Would he see a therapist?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• babygirl if he aint happy let him go
    babygurl9876637

Answer by babygurl9876637 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010