What is the best way to get rid of fleas!

I have tried everything! drops pills collars all of it! bombed the house spray once or twice a week! how do I make them go away!

tisha1030

Asked by tisha1030 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pets

• Just went through this myself. The only thing that worked for us was Vectra. Had to get it from the vet. A bit spendy. But, it worked for us!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Do you have Dog or Cat??I have a Dog and 2 cats inside(cats don't go out)I walk the dog daily and kept bringing home fleas to cats,so I took the Dog to the vet and they perscribed COMFORTIS (Pill once a month) it is kind of $$ but well worth it.I haven't seen 1 flea since we started this pill 2 years ago.LOVE IT!!!Good luck,Sherri

mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 11:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• first thing I did was treat my cat with advantage. He wasnt the cause of the fleas, but they were always bothering him so I took care of that problem, then I just vacuumed constantly including on, in and around the furniture and wherever my cat was hanging out. I filled my vacuum with borax prior which kills fleas on contact, then after each room emptied it in the trashcan outside. All fleas were gone in a couple of weeks! They havent come back either =P
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Been thinking about doing comfortis Just don't like the price tag that comes with it! I have a 8 month old puppy and the fleas are horrible!
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Thanks owl feather sounds like a cheap way to fix the problem I will try that first! I have all concrete floors though!
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• borax worked good for me too...also you may have to treat your yard, my dh put 7 dust and lyme all in the yard to kill most the fleas out there GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Dawn dishwashing liquid GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• go to vets
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If the puppy is 8 months old you have to be careful what you treat him with for fleas. Ask the vet first. Also bathe the puppy frequently to keep fleas down. And my vet has this awesome spray that you spray on furniture, carpets, floorboards etc. Not cheap but works extremely well.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Bathe her at least once a week with dawn! flea shampoo just does not work! put stuff in the yard and spray once a week with home spray! Gonna keep going and hopefully they will eventually go away! Where do I buy the borax?
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2010