If you are dilated 2cm and 50% effaced does that mean your in labor?

grandmamaria398

Asked by grandmamaria398 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no and the hosp wont normally keep you until you are 4cm you could be 2cm and 50% effaced for a week
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I was dialated to 3 for two weeks before going into active labor. Hang in there momma........you will eventually have this baby :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No. You can be dilated to 4 cm, even, for weeks and not be in labor. Labor is when you are having regular contractions that are progressing to birth.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• true since when i went to the hosp at 4cm they gave me pitocin so its best to just wait till you are in active labor cuz trust me you dont want pitocin.....my first son i didnt know i was in labor and when i felt a lil pain went to the hosp and was 6cm
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• haha i was 2 cm for 6 weeks... only 20 -40 effaced though took my water leaking to get me in there! and still i was 2 cm for over 10 hours after that happened!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• When I was pregnant I was 2cm and 90% effaced plus the pressure of my daughter trying to come out so I contacted my doctor and she told me to come and check in the hospital.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have been 3 cm for weeks now, and I have been having bloody show for 2 days, but the contractions are on and off, and I would be more than willing to bet that they wouldn't keep me at the hospital, and if htey did, I would end up on pitocin.
    hstansbury17

Answer by hstansbury17 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2010