What is something you have given up recently because you just didn't have the money?

We were planning on taking our kids to see a play, but MIL called and we are making her house payment again so now no money for tickets.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 11:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I cut back on lots, starbucks, I got the stuff to give myself manicures (for the cost of 2 I got all the stuff) I switched makeup to a cheaper version. But i'm not sure it has helped much but we get to do more fun things as a family like game night and basball in the back yard, go to the park. I do really miss starbuck though lol
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• we used to rent movies a lot, but we have given that up. we also dont go on date nights for now bc of money.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Movie Theater trips! I just can't bring myself to spend that much money to sit in a theater, also because I can't do it without popcorn and soda. That's about $30.00 right there! Ugh!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Red Bulls and it is hard
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• electric
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Clothing lol. I just had a baby almost 3 months ago and I gained 56 pounds. I still have about 15 pounds to lose to fit into my old clothes (which are worn out and really should be thrown away anyway). I wear a lot of dresses, skirts and some of my maternity clothes still. I can't justify spending a bunch of money for clothes that I will be too skinny for shortly.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes we just went from the nice cell plan to one emergency phone with 50 minutes only then dc cable and the gym my husband is out of work since Sept1
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Nothing really....
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We go out to eat a lot less often, quit buying coffees at places like Starbucks, not traveling locally as much, buying cheaper items at the grocery store,
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Getting my hair colored.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010