When asking for a work at home job, are you looking for easy money or

are you looking for a job? It seems that people automatically assume any type of work at home is a scam. Why? Is it because you actually have to work, or is it because you've honestly invested money into a business only to have it fail? I'm trying to understand why everyone assumes they are scams.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I often wonder the same thing. I would like a work at home job.... but I don't want to sell anything. I don't want to sell in a workplace, either, though. I would like to be able to do something from home more along the lines of customer support or some sort of internet job.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 11:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I work from home full-time as a computer programmer but I used to work in an office for the same company before they decided to save money on office space and sent us all to work from home. You can still find some work from home jobs that don't involve selling, but you need to have a bachelor's degree at least. My friend is also working from home after having two babies, she types up court registrations on her computer. She was a lawyer before the babies came.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 11:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• A job with flexibility!
    BShip2010

Answer by BShip2010 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Because most of them are. There is never a good opportunity if you have to PAY to start working. I've never been scammed like that, but I never will be, because I wouldn't do something so foolish.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:00 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I invested money and it failed. I was also lied tot to an extent. Though it was not a scam it was obviously not for me no mater what they said. And BTW with Mary Kay there ARE quotas to meet and if you don't you loose your discount until you place another 200 dollar order.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• SAMNMAYASMOM, that did not even come close to answering the question.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Ok, but by the same token, do you think it's free to start a Franchise or even any type of small business? That's what I don't understand.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Oct. 29, 2010