I have no tact. Anyone else in my boat?

Here is my deal- i have a hard time keeping female friends because.... I am not very tactful. Blunt- honest... and sometimes it comes off mean. A few of my friends dont care because they KNOW what I mean.... I do try, seriously- but anyone else just sick of sugar coating stuff and just want to say, YES YOU DO LOOK FAT IN THOSE JEANS. I'd like more friends like me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Im the same way people think im a bitch
    Anonymous

• same here....I do my best to sugar coat things but...that just isn't me
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm a bitch too. LOL I don't keep woman friends for long. It's not worth it to me. I'd rather have real people in my life than all that fake bullshit.
    Anonymous

• ppl cant handle honesty
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I try to be honest.... but I usually end up hurting peoples feelings. I really don't mean to. But if my girlfriend asks how she looks in her outfit, and it makes her look dumpy, I'll tell her cuz I don't want anyone else to think that about her. I don't really get along with a lot of girls cuz I hurt their feelings and they hold a grudge against me. A guy doesn't care. I'll tell a male buddy, "You look like a fatass in that outfit." and they'll thank me and change or tell me "Shut up bitch." And that's the end of it. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• There is a happy medium ladies. My sister is the brutally honest type, and ended up with NO friends. You don't have to sugar-coat everything but you have to be considerate of others. Being honest does not give you the right to hurt other's feelings. Some people are much more sensitive than others. I like when people shoot from the hip too, be straight up. But it does NOT mean be mean or nasty. There is always a choice to be a little more tactful when getting your point across. I've come to find most people who lack tact are actually very smart and insightful! ...like my sister. I just think your opinion would be much more respected if it wasn't delivered with a nasty tone on it. There's no reason for it and people generally don't want to be around you.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree. I try my best to be nice and not rude. My dh accuses me of being rude all the time just cause Im honest. Dont be cruel be honest. Thats what I try and some people accept me. I am amazed at how many people just flat out lie to make others feel good. I cant. I wont!
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i'd love to be your friend. i appreciate my friends who are honest. my daughter asked me to go shopping with her because she knew i'd tell it like it is. alot of people think i'm rude because i don't sugar coat things. i had to go to classes at work to become a better communicator. depending who i'm with i do try to think a little more about how my words will impact people and find a way to say it that people will understand. if i don't want to be misunderstood, it's up to me to consider how others take things. if i don't care i just say whatever...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You and I should meet. But honestly I don't care what anyone thinks. Because if I keep everything inside it will bother me too, than actually telling a friend yes you do look fat in those jeans. I would much rather a friend be honest, and don't really care how tactful they are, than sugar coat things. Whats the deal with the tact anyways? Aren't we all taught to be honest no matter what?
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Im the OP-man its good to know i'm not alone!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 6:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008