Teeth?

I've been reading posts about what order kids teeth come in. A lot of them are saying they get their front teeth, the teeth on either side of the front ones, and then their molars. My son has all 8 of his front teeth 4 on top 4 on bottom. So does that mean his molars are more than likely next? I've heard those are the worst too. He's 10 months now & had his 2 bottom next to the front teeth come in the other day.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 5:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes. The molars are probably next.
    Front incisors.
    Lateral incisiors
    1st molars - these tend to arrive during the 1 year old year
    canine teeth
    2nd molars - these tend to arrive during the 2 year old year

The order is fairly flexible so don't panic if they don't come in this order. It probably applies to 50 or 60% of kids.
    And yes, the molars are terrible. They are large and flat so there is a lot of tooth on the move and no sharp tip to break through the gum. It is also hard for the child to get a teething toy back that far - most are designed for the front teeth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Every child is different, every child is teething different. The molars are suppose to be the worse, yes. But that doesnt mean that every baby will have problems with them. My daughter never had problems when teething... she still is. but no problems at all :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Oh I know, my son does very well with teething. By the time I knew he was teething with the last 2 they had already popped through. I'm teething with him though lol. I'm getting my wisdom teeth in but they haven't bothered me at all.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 5:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008