Is this normal for a 9 yr old??

My son who is 9 yrsold rec'd an infraction @ school for looking up the meanings for "C" & "F" words on the internet, is this normal at this age? I was in belief that the school computers were suppose to be filtered so even if a child typed an inappropriate word in, nothing would come up. Is this suppose to be done in schools (filtering computers)?
Thank you.

friendlyterri

Asked by friendlyterri at 12:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• When I was that age I remember having a "Bad words I know" list in my diary (which makes me laugh now)... So, I would say, yes, it's normal...

And, I don't know about any schools which filter for those kinds of things. Most of them just filter against "adult" sites and such...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• time to have tthe adult talk with him
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• YES IT IS DEAR
    babygurl9876637

Answer by babygurl9876637 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sounds pretty normal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had a talk with him, he said, he did cause this girl dared him...I told him I don't care who even triple-dog dares you...DON'T do it, if someone dares you and won't do it themselves its b/c they know its wrong...what does that tell you??? He said, STOP and think...good, remember that. A hesitation always comes before we do what we do, that is GOD telling you don't do it...If it is okay, we don't get a negative vibe... Lordy Lordy...lol...
    friendlyterri

Comment by friendlyterri (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• VERY normal! Hahaha I remember looking then up in the dictionary!
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 12:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yeah I remember looking in the dictionary to! Lmao. I caught by son looking up "boobs" and "how to have sex" I about died. Luckily he was on YouTube and not Google so he didn't all anything. And we have parental controls! He's 9 too BTW
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• NO THATS NOT NORMAL START GIVING HIM THE WORD OF GOD IF YOUR NOT ALREADY BRING HIM TO THE HOUSE OF GOD TRAIN HIM UP IN THE WAYS HE SHOULD GO WE ARE EXAMPLE'S FOR THEM THEY WATCH US WISH YOU THE BEST
    LACEY122

Answer by LACEY122 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I and his grand-parents give my son the word of GOD, unless you are GOD; then you can say your sin free! All children are inquisitive, even the ones you don't think are doing it...ARE...Only the Good Lord can JUDGE other's all christians know this. If you do GOD's job, you won't like his decision when its your time to be judged.
    friendlyterri

Comment by friendlyterri (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We looked them up in the dictionary because my mom always encouraged us to look up anything that we didn't know the meaning of. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It is normal childhood curiosit
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010