How do I stop the neighbors dog from crapping in my yard?

We just moved into a new apartment and we are responsible for taking care of the small yard. Over the last few days I have cleaned up several very large piles of dog poop from the neighbors large German Shepard. We had trouble with our neighbors in our last apartment and I really don't want to go through that again. At the same time I can't keep picking up after their dog.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 12:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pets

• lol.. WE had a crazy neighbor when I was growing up named Jerry. She spent a ton of time working in his yard and would gripe about the dogs all the time. One day a lady let her dog poop in his lawn and he came flying out the door yelling ' I DON'T CRAP IN YOUR YARD!!!' LMAO!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Well, my dad scoops it up and throws it back into his neighbor's yard. I guess you could try that. That's too bad you have to put up with such a thing though. I know you don't want to have to talk to them, but do you think they might be understanding people?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would just scoop it and toss back into their yard.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No better way to deal with it then to directly speak to the owner =) Just be nice and if they are good people they should understand. If not, and they continue not take responsibility of their dog, I wouldn't ask a second time, i would TELL them and I would also let them know if it happens again that u will have to let the property manager know about it. Hopefully that doesn't have to happen, and not alot of people are as nice as me.. hahaha
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 12:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• But_Mommie and m-avi's answers had me rotf!!
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 12:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Bee Bee gun! - KIDDING!
    Friend of mine pooped in baggy for months and every day left it on her neighbors door step with a note that said "you're dog sh*t on my lawn again" I thought that one was great!
    I don't think there is much you can do unless you can put up a gate, sorry.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Tell them to be considerate and clean up their dogs mess. If they don't talk to the managers about it or refuse to pick it up and complain until something gets done. You should not have to pick up after other peoples dogs.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Forgot to say if they do nothing and you have to complain; do it in writting so that everything is documented.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• put water sprinklers .. and turn them on at full blast when he trots in your yard to go potty ! that will send him flying back ! lol. hopefully that will scare him off for good and he wont come back again ! :)
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Go over and let them know if that doesn't work charge them if that doesn't work report them to the apartment manager.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2010