Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is their a Dentist or a Dentist assistant in the house?;)

I do not have Dental Ins.right now.I have a bottom tooth that broke and is a cavity too.What can I do for the horrible pain?what otc meds r good?and r their any herbs that work for pain?

Answer Question

Asked by karencrouch at 12:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

Level 10 (427 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You do know eventually you will have to go to the dentist you'd probably get root canl done and then get a crown put on over your tooth.
    but for now get ambesol gel tooth reliever that should help with the pain but it will only last so long sooner than later you have to c a dentist GL

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • If it is saveable a root canal and crown will be what happens. Most likely there is an infection so you need antibiotics that the dentist will prescribe and than scheduale you to come back in 5 to 10 days to have the work done.
    If it is not savable it will be extracted. Depending on where it is you made new to have a bridge put, most likely a small one- a 3 unit. Or have a removable prosthetic made.
    Go now! Call and ask if they have "care credit"
    PM me if you have any other questions.

    Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

  • I put an aspirin in the tooth. Yes right in the cavity. BUT YOU NEED TO SEE A DENTIST. Cavities affect the entire body and cause your immune system to kick into overdrive and start attacking other areas of your boby.

    Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.