Aluminum Water bottle danger? Anyone hear about this?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/special_reports&id=7748011

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 12:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Oooh I don't my kids drink from those. The Bud Light Real Men of Genius, "Mr. Blue Aluminum Bottle Maker" commercial is spot on. Poor girl. I drank from one and my lip stuck to it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I hadn't heard. How scary for that little girl and her family!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• thanks i have one of those
    Tryingforbaby1

Answer by Tryingforbaby1 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No aluminum for us (not in deoderants, either)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• @ rkoloms, the issue in this case is not the aluminum, but the bottle itself. The design at the mouth of the bottle. Please check out the link for details.
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 8:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• WOW I would not have thought of this happening. But then again, I've never understood why there is such a temptation for kids to stick their tongues in anything! They do it still the same. I would have to say that either throwing the bottles out or just being aware of the risk could be a toss up. When you think about it, we started producing and marketing aluminum bottles big time when there was the scare of plastic bottles emitting a chemical that was harmful for us to ingest. And when there was a realization that we needed a more permanent reusable bottle than the throw away plastic bottles that are now filling up our landfills. I'm just not sure if I will throw my aluminum bottles away. Each of my girls have own that they use fairly regularly. I also know several other people who use them. I think this might be a case of information that is good to know and not to just turn us all against the aluminum bottle.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What's the difference than an aluminum can?
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Wow that is terrible! I don't think I will be letting my daughter drink out of one ever now!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• wow ,thanks for posting,an eye opener for sure!.....did you read the comments below, the article? one stated the fact that the threads of our soda bottles were on the outside for a reason....makes ya think!
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 6:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I don't think I would toss it out if I had one, but I certainly think use should be limited to older children, teens and adults and maybe not younger children who have a tendency to stick their tongues in the hole (kids!!). I would have never thought about this type of hazard had I not seen this story. I'm not against the aluminum bottles, just educating parents about the potential problem.
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2010