Homeschooling?!

Can you tell me what you like and dont like about it. Please. It's an option for my family we are debating on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in

• Here's a bump for you....
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I love it My son is excelling  academically .  I know my son and I know in the public school system he would be " acting out ". Heneeds one one one and that is the bottom line he is a wiggle worm and I am not drugging him for benefit of a teacher .  He focuses without distraction  at home  . And again he is  excelling.  As for the what about socialisation argument he  is the most popular in the neighborhood.  You have to think about what each individual child needs in terms of  their style of learning .  Good luck

chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I like that it is flexible. If something doesn't work then you can find a way that does. Also the children get one on one attention and spend longer on trouble areas. You can teach all year long, which allows more field trips and projects. It is not for everyone but is worth trying if public school isn't working out.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Though I do not home school I can see the pluses for a family that can make it work. Their education can be more geared toward their personal learning style. It is flexible. They are learning more in less daily hours because the teacher, you , aren't jumping between 20 students. For us the down sides are: I just can't do it. I am not patient enough. I also enjoy the time I have to get things done with just my toddler at home.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• There's nothing that I don't like about it. I love the freedom and flexibility that it allows. I love the extra time spent with my boys. I love that they are free to learn the things that interest them. I could go on and on....
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 4:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Also, some classes like Band (or others that require a specialized skill to be taught) can usually be taken from a local school, even though the student isn't enrolled. Do check with schools in your district!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

Next question in
hypothetical- renting books

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
AmI the only one?