honey moon!

what do you need to get married license? and what else can you do for the family since theres no big weadding?

jasmines25mom

Asked by jasmines25mom at 12:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• When will you teenagers learn that the teens section is not for you just because you are 16 or 17. It is for MOMS who have teenagers. Try putting this in a more relevant section like relationships or just for fun.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• ... why is this posted under 13-17. If you are underage you CANNOT get a marriage license. Even if you have a child already unless your mommy or daddy signs permission :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• finish school and learn how to spell before you decide to have a "weadding"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Just because you are a teenager with a baby, doesn't mean you're old enough to get a marriage license. You don't even know what you want in life yet! Besides, the other posters are right; this is a section for moms with teenagers. Yours obviously needed to keep you at home.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• bahaha this a place to ask for help girl
    not to be a btch talking like that to a girl that you dont even know
    and if i want to get married its my fucking problem
    i guess the ones in wrong page are yall..ha
    jasmines25mom

Comment by jasmines25mom (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Seriously? Do you kiss your child with that filthy mouth? You just prove the point over and over again about ignorant babies raising more ignorant babies. If you want help, that is fine, but if you go all ghetto-fabulous on people it gets you nowhere...other than looking trashy. They are right...this is a section for moms who have children that are teens...not teen moms. To get married under age, you need the consent of your gaurdian. I suggest staying in school...or going to school, then having kids and trying to make a sucessful marriage. If you want to ask for help, be willing and adult enough to accept the answers of others.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• what kind of answers are those they should say it in a different and better way if i didnt know then ok but they dont have to say it like that thought
    and about that they pissed me of by saying stupid stuff like that
    and about my baby i can raised her like how ever i want to you dont know nothing neither so stop acting like you are perfect i bet you have a worths side then me
    and about been a baby girl you have no idea what i've been thruw how long and how much me and my boyfriend love each other dont you think getting married and try to make a good family for my daughter its good?
    yall ignorant just they way yall called me
    thats what i want for my baby girl since i didnt had one
    and about the writhing is this page for teachers? no so why yall worring about that
    yall understood anyways
    and im not getting getto thats just how i am when i get mad at people like yall that does not know anything
    is that clear?:T
    jasmines25mom

Comment by jasmines25mom (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Ok... this is getting out of control... here is my honest, heartfelt ,advice as a mother of a teen.

If my teen daughter came to me and asked for my permission to get married.... I would tell her that if she is old enough to make a baby and get married she is old enough to look on line and figure it out. Actually... that is what I told her last week about getting her drivers licence.

Each state is slightly different in the laws, the cost, etc. for a marriagelicence.  So even if I knew off the top of my head what the cost, rules, paper work was here... it may not be relevant there.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• WOW - Out of control!

Okay - to answer the questions asked - you need money (CASH or MONEY ORDER - no check, no credit card). The rest depends on the state and if you are under 18 - YOU CANNOT GET MARRIED WITHOUT A PARENTAL SIGNATURE! Do a GOOGLE search for your state's marriage license requirements. Some states require a blood test from both parties, some do not. Some require birth certificate, social security, and legal state issued ID - some do not require all that. ALL require BOTH parties to be present when applying. Some require a waiting period before you get married. ETC. It is different from state to state.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We want to remind everyone involved in this post that community members are expected to contribute constructively to CafeMom Answers. Differing and diverse opinions are welcome, but repeated attacks on a person or their family members are not. They pollute the environment, don’t drive the discussion forward and demonstrate a lack of respect.

Please keep this in mind then next time you post. We’ve made a note of this thread for future reference.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 4:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2010