Are men invited to baby showers???

I don't know about you all but for Spanish people we invite guys, kids and everyone...We make it a party and everyone takes play in the games and everything...I love it

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 2:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the person. Some do some don't. I remember when we had ours my mother was appalled at the idea of men at the party... I on the other hand loved the idea... So it really all depends, I've attended both types and personally prefer the ones with men and women...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We chose to make ours coed. DH was super involved in the pregnancy, reading all the books before I could get my hands on them and never missing an appointment. I couldn't have imagined not sharing it with him.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We also chose to make ours coed. We themed our shower as a family affair. We were introducing a new member of the family and wanted everyone (male or female) to celebrate this special occasion. Kind of like a pre-birthday party. Everyone had a blast and enjoyed all the games, food, and music.
    mommytojeremiah

Answer by mommytojeremiah at 3:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If you want men to come they can. Its all up to you
    Mommy2be366

Answer by Mommy2be366 at 5:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have never been to 1 where the men are invited, and I know I would have to fight mine hard to get him there, but I bet it would be alot of fun!!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We had men at our baby shower. We actually did a baby shower / diaper party. The guys spent most of the time outside by the grill, and most of them brought packs of diapers. We also had snacks, cake, and gifts like a more traditional shower inside (but less games because I find those annoying). Some people couldn't make it at the time we picked; so if I had to do it again, I would do a traditional shower in the afternoon and on another day do a separate diaper party/BBQ in the evening that could be co-ed. I've also been to more traditional showers with men (usually the DH and a few relatives), but they usually escaped as soon as they could. LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think that guys who don't put up a lot of fuss about going make it a lot of fun. Depending on the mood, my guy would go....mostly if other guys would, but then again he also knows that if he's the only guy that shows, he would get A LOT of female attention too! :)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I guess it depends on what you want. I wanted to have males & females at my baby shower even though my MIL really tried to tell me it was for females only.. But I wanted my DH, brothers, etc to be able to experience it as well, and it turned out great :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• When we were planning my baby shower, there was a big hoopla about whether or not guys were "allowed." I really didn't mind. I've always had more guy friends than girl friends, but a friend of mine and my boyfriend were like, "Guys don't go to baby showers. Ugh." Well, there ended up being an exact even number of girls and guys at my shower, lol.
    Alikins

Answer by Alikins at 12:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I personally have more guy friends then I do girl friends so mine was co ed and I loved it. It was a blast.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010