Who is the one to go food shopping in your home???

i do the food shopping here...whenever i send my husband he gets nothing and spends all...lol i hate it...is it that hard to read the list and get what it is on the paper...if i send him i have to give him detailed name, location of the product and price...for him to get it right...if not his a lost dog...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 2:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yep I do not send my husband for anything. When I do I give him a list and he still manages to forget things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Me. My husband is bad about going grocery shopping. I can give him the list and coupons and he comes home not following the list or using the coupons and has a whole bunch of junk. He's 50/50 on it. So, I prefer to go because I am set in my ways.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• we do shoping toguether me n' my HB
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do most of the grocery shopping because I do most of the cooking and meal planning. He's perfectly capable and has done it in the past, but then I find I don't know what's in the house when it comes to planning meals! He tends to be a little heavy on the protein and light on the veggies, too.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do it most of the time, but my hubby is very capable of going for us when I need him to. He pretty much sticks to the list I give him and will even call me if he has a question about anything on the list. My hubby is one of those rare men who will even buy feminine products without any hesitation!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• me, I dont even like DH to go with me because he deviates from the list and it bothers me.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do it. The only way is if I had pictures would my hubby bring home exactly what I wanted :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Me. DH spends too much if he goes alone.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 8:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Usually me, but Dh trails along sometimes.
    When he does, our bill is always higher, lol.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 9:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I usually do the shopping, but he is the opposite from your husband. He will get exactly what is on the list, if he can find it. I usually get phone calls from him saying they don't have what's I've written, and I know they do! Like one time I told him to get Jello chocolate pudding mix. In a box. He called and said they didn't have it. I heard a lady in the background telling him (basically that it was right in front of him) The only thing he will buy extra is pasta. He says "but it was buy one, get one free" and he'll have like 6 boxes, when I still have it in the cupboard from the last time he shopped. He's Italian, so maybe he's tring to tell me to make pasta more often? Gotta love em. I can't complain because he is trying to help, so I just go in the other room and scream silently!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010