how to get 2 year old to use her inside voice?

my little girl yells instead of using her inside voice (90% of the time). just looking for ideas on how to stop this

tysen722

Asked by tysen722 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good luck with that!
    If you figure it out, let me know!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Thanks! She just yells everytime you talk to her, as well as just out of the blue.... but if you put a phone up to her ear she whispers.
    tysen722

Comment by tysen722 (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• me too plz...my 2yr old is loud i mean super loud...well then again my 6yr old is too and so am i i...maybe some carry it on forever...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Of course they are loud - they are little. If they aren't loud they get drown out.
    Dogs bark, Kids are loud.It's just the way of things. If you find a kid that's not loud, there's something wrong with it.

Now watch there are going to be 100 comments on this thread where people either tell you to get her hearing checked or swear their child has never been loud!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• idk try whispering to her when u talk to her, maybe just maybe she will start doing the same, my 2 year old just yells randomly lol gl.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree with gabby06 try whispering to her but at the sometime tell her not to yell bc it hurts mommy's ears. and put your hands over your ears as if you are hurting. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My 2 year old is the same way.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yeah, my son thinks it's hilarious to yell or talk really loudly too. I've tried to teach him to use his inside voice, and every once in a while he'll actually listen and talk a little more quietly, but most of the time he just starts yelling, "Inside Voice!!!". Not exactly what I had in mind, kid. LOL I have tried whispering instead of raising my voice to be heard, and that helps sometimes, but not always. If he wants to know what I'm saying, he has to quiet down to listen, but it doesn't help when he doesn't care and just wants to hear himself being loud. It comes and goes in our case, just when I think he's over it, he'll start doing it again. Good luck!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Bumped. I'd like to know some answers to this as well. (So far, whispering hasn't really worked for my son.)
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 10:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Duct tape........
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2010