You've got to be kidding me?!?!?

so i was telling dh today that 2 kids got sick and threw up in my dd's kindergarten class today. my dd has been sick with bronchitis and an ear infection that has just cleared up. and now my dh says that she's not going to school tomorrow because he doesn't want her to get the flu (or whatever is going around) so what, are we going to keep her out of school everytime someone is sick?! this is the stupidest thing i think i've ever heard! plus she's already been exposed to it, so her going tomorrow won't change anything! i want her to go, but he says that there is no way! she already missed friday last week, then monday and tuesday this week. her not going because someone else is sick is just stupid!!! how would you handle the situation?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 2:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Get her up and put her on the bus.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Even though I see his point I do see yours but you are in the right. she can not miss anymore school this how kids get behind in school. GL Just get her ready for school and send her (just spray her with Lysol and send her with a small bottle of germ X or purell with some tissues for her just incase). I am sounding like your dh...huh? Well I am alittle OCD on this sort of thing :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It's easier to apologize than ask for permission in this case, I'm not for going behind your husband back but he is being too over protective, He will forgive you even if she gets sick but if she has to repeat kindergarten because she missed to many days he's not going to be happy either.
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You have to be exposed to colds and viruses so that you can bolster your immune system. Keeping kids away from sick people only prolongs their susceptibility to future colds and flu. Get it over with. It will make her stronger in the long run. Just make sure she gets plenty of sleep, dresses warmly and eats well. That's the best you can do.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i would just get her ready in the morning , do u think it would cause an argument between u two?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• yeah, definate arguement, she has a dr. appointment in the morning because of her bronchitis so her teacher already knows she's going to be late. they are having a halloween party and everything and she is soo excited and i don't want to take that away from her because a kid is sick, who probably won't be there tomorrow anyway. but part of the thing is he wanted her to be out all week because of the bronchitis and i told him no. they are suppose to wear orange and black tomorrow so i will dress her in those colors and take her to her doc. then most likely to school. i'll talk to him again in the morning. seriously...if we are going to pull her out everytime someone else is sick, she might as well be home schooled!
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 2:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• butterfly1108, her teacher actually has multiple bottles of hand sanitizer around the classroom, and makes sure they all use it before they go to lunch (she actually lines them up and gives them each a squirt in their hands) i think it's great!
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Don't talk to him in the morning if you can avoid it. Go to the DR, take her to school, and after school tell your husband those kids weren't in school today so you felt safe leaving her there!
    If the sick kids aren't there, there's nothing for him to be upset about. You went to the school to give the DR note to the teacher, saw the kids that were sick weren't there and had to make a snap decision. What were you going to do? Call him at work?

Can I assume this is your oldest child? Or at least HIS oldest child? My husband was the same way, thought he was going to get sick our oldests first day at school. Didn't want to leave the house for fear that something would happen and he'd be across town.

Of course our oldest hardly said good bye as she raced into her classroom! I kept asking him "What do you think is going to happen? We know she's not going to cry. Even if she did, they're not going to let her come home."
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 3:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Both Dh and I are strict about the kids going to school.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• PS YOU HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO EMAIL AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!!!!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2010