How do i get my husband to stop spending our money?

We are very low income and my husband wants to eat out atleast once a day and get snacks at the store three sometimes four times a day. He gets SSI and i am on my last extension of Unemployment(currently looking for a job if anyone knows who is hiring) :).He will make it a big deal if i say no that i just give in. Our expenses are stacking up high and i just dont know what to do. Please help me...

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 3:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Everyone is in the same situation. You need to STOP GIVING IN. Tell him what you need out of his check for bills and what not then what he has left over he can do whatever with but explain to him when you all have no roof over your head, what are you all gonna do then.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• im going through thesame thing, i get foodstamps& hubby wants to spend them , he sd he likes to eat like a king, ugh that pissed me off .i asked him how does he expect to eat like a damn king when he has us living like pesants he would take my foodsstamps card & buy groceries w/out asking me & spend half of my foodstamps in a week, we still fight alot & he no longer gets my card but i too would just give in, now i dnt do that anymore, im working & its like his money is his& my money is mine.gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Wow .The only thing I can say is add up about how much you spend on going out and other stuff you don't need during the week.Show him the bills and show him how much you spend in the whole month.Say look this is what could be going for are bills.We have to stop.Good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 3:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Start prepare your gate away.......! Run as fast as you can!

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You need to stand firm and say no. Nothing will change if you don't.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sit him down and show him the monthly bills and set up a daily budget. The bills get paid first, only then when money is left over can he spend.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2010