do you think China is trying to kill our kids sorry I posted this in other places

ok China has put drug that is killing kids and people in peanut butter meats , formula, dog food , now its the gold coin candy what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I think they have a wreckless disregard for the safety of their own people, and anyone else who is willing to pay them for their garbage.
    However, I do not believe they are making a malicious, organized attempt to directly murder our American children.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i think that they are trying to get away with under inspecting things because having inspections costs money - and if any business can save money then they certainly will !!
    i think that the FDA is equipt to figure these things out BEFORE they get into the stores and that they should be tighter on imports from china since there have been so many things recently.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It's not just the coin candy, there is a whole list and it includes things like coffee and tea. (see here). The formula was NEVER here in the USA, it was just in their own country....so they harmed their own children. I just want to know when our government is going to say enough is enough and stop allowing imports to come in from China.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was just talking about this to my mom,
    i do beleive their trying to "target" our children,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Just being cheap. That's all. No conspiracy.
    Anonymous

• there's being cheap, and there's being wreckless. They do it to their own citizens, why would we expect any better. the goods are only as good as they are bc the American companies dictate it. it's the American companies that are to be held responsible for making sure they meet standards.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• China like some of our other importers make so many different things that they pump out the product faster than it can be ALL CHECKED OUT SAFELY. The more the produce the more money they make. Do I think they are purposely trying to poison us...NO. That would be a HUGE mistake on their part being the US is one of their main countries to import products to.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think China is out to make a dollar and they don't care how they make it!! And I know that every restaurant with kid's meals have toys in them MADE IN CHINA!! My father won't let the kids have them in his house for fear of what might be in them and harm them. I know that I don't want any food, candy or meds from them! Are they trying to kill us, I don't know, but after allowing what happened to their babies with that formula I'd have to say they just don't care about human life at all.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I am responding to this late, but I am astounded at how many people think that China has it out for us... I say this because I've been to China. I've walked on The Great Wall, seen the Forbidden City, eaten their food, and looked into the eyes of some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life while there.
    No, China is not targeting the western world. The Party is very strict with people that mishandle food,etc. They don't just put them on trial...they execute them. Period. It does not pay to be a criminal in China. Also, keep in mind that China does not have anything like the USDA there. It is mostly a rural country, so there will always be someone there looking to make a quick buck.
    They are making strides in how they manufacture items and becoming more in sync with the rest of the world. There are issues there just like in the US. No gov't is perfect... by any means.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2008