Warning! Have you seen the Fisher Price Little Mommy Real Loving Baby Cuddle and Coo doll

I was in WalMart when a Manager said,"I'll be right with you, I have to first put these dolls in the back." She was carrying two talking dolls. I'd seen these before at Target, they have a motion sensor so they start talking and moving when you move in front of them. GET READY - Then the manager said, "The dolls say, ‘Islam is the light". She then moved her hand in front of the doll, and after some cooing and a few "mama's", as clear as day it said, "Islam is the light". I was shocked and kept making it play over and over. I then went to Target and low and behold the dolls are still on the shelf. I personally spoke with a representative at Fisher Price and at Target. Fisher Price is not recalling this doll. Target is also refusing to pull the doll from their shelves. I would like to say, thank you Wal-Mart for being a responsible supplier to our children. I am horrified by Target's and Fisher Price's irresponsible actions.

Traci0794

Asked by Traci0794 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• What the FUCK! Are you kidding me? What can we do?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Here are two links so you can check it out for your self:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaEcj9IVBI&feature=related

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lidoll1012048573oct10,0,4072471.story
    Anonymous

• yeah I saw that on the news its ridiculous. i went to my walmart to see if they had any still but they were all pulled from the shelves.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Walmart is really strict about being family friendly thats why I couldnt find an over the hill candle for my moms bday. If they think it will offend they will not carry it. It's a big thing in their book section too.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 9:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• wow that is kinda scary, makes you think what else is up peoples sleeves!!
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 9:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• This is no different than the people who claim to see Jesus in their burnt toast. You see and hear what you want to. It sounded like a bunch of babbling to me.
    Anonymous

• My freind went to snopes...said this was fake. So is it or not? Did you really witness this??
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 7:39 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/dolltalk.asp

lma

Answer by lma at 10:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• This is not fake, I heard it myself. It is not about hearing what you want to. It is said clear as a bell. I personally spoke to Fisher Price and they openly admitted what the doll says, they are well aware. The have made a financial decision not to pull the doll from the shelves. In fairness, they are reprogramming all new dolls so they do not make this comment in the future. However, there are thousands already on the shelves that will be sold. I asked them (Fisher Price) if they would at least be willing to have a press release so parents can me informed or place a sticker on the boxes again so parents can be informed. Their response was simply, "We are not prepared to do either of these things."
    Traci0794

Answer by Traci0794 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Snopes ISN"T a reliable source .. it is an opinion site, not FACTS .. Fisher Price had the Dolls made in China .. Remember, 6 months ago they were poisoning our children with Lead, now they are trying to poison their minds!

Don't buy Fisher Price and they will think twice about what they do in America!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2009