Was Cafemom this ugly, angry, and hateful before the election, or do you believe like me, that this election has brought out the worst in everyone?

pajamk

Asked by pajamk at 5:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say yes the holidays do it to (halloween) mom here think they are better and feel then need to let you know you stink at it
    Anonymous

• Thank You! Why can't people just agree to disagree?
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I think it has borught out the worst in a lot of people. More and more we are turning to polarized and provacative language to try to prove a point. This stems a lot from a lack of respect for others, and a basic ignorance of proper debate techniques.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well, yes. But to be more accurate, I think the media and internet rhetoric has brought out the worst. Crazy-angry stuff, blown-out-of-perspective stuff, and probably a lot of false stuff, too (I don't see any of the internet blogging or youtube political things)
    Best wishes to everyone, everyone PLEASE vote, and continue to enjoy your beautiful children !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree waldorfmom! I just posted a long vent about the same thing in my journal a few days ago. I wish this thing was over already.
    pajamk

Answer by pajamk at 5:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yes... It can and has been this hateful...The election is just the "HOT" topic right now, after the election it will go back to the breastfeed vs. non-breastfeeding; vaccines vs. non-vaccines; to circumcise vs. not to circumcise and all the other "HOT" topics!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Is it just me or is your heart breaking too. Wouldn't it be nice if we could agree to disagree
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yes my heart is breaking that we have all these wonderful children and they are seeing their moms act like idiots about this. It feels like the U.S.A. is going through a division because of this.
    pajamk

Answer by pajamk at 6:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I get the sense that it is worse with mother's. I believe that 1. We are caregivers and want to care for everyone we meet. 2. We are insecure about being caregivers and want to be validated 3. This is a site of relatively young women that have limited experience (I am sure I will hear an earful on that) but have to deal with the first two and youth. Combine all of those and you get a powerful urge to just yell. :(
    Anonymous

• I was wondering the same thing, why does so many ppl focus on the negetive
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 6:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008