funny, pathetic or insulting?

when someone online tells you to back off or go away or threatens you (like they can do anything to ya other than type at you) because they didn't like an answer you gave for the question they asked. I was honest and they didn't like it, I guess.

Its always gets a smirk out of me. Like what are they gonna do if I don't "back off"? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i don't find it as a threat at all..i just see that they have their head so far up their ass that they can't see whats going on around them. ..and i'm usually quick to let them know that too if all they have to say is some crap like that. I could understand if someone says "oh, well i see your point..but..." A lot of people arent like that though..they get so defensive like you are personally attacking them. Um, no..just trying to see it from the other side.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would ignore it, and move on to the next question! This site is to have fun, not to worry!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• some thoughts may hurt or offence , so better avoid that kind of things
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I just think "oh well"..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I guess common courtesy isn't so common any more. When someone says "Back off" they are trying to give a warning that someone might be stepping on someone's toes. While they cannot do anymore than 'type' at you, it is a warning that feelings are being hurt.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• maybe so, Lay, but sometimes the truth hurts, if you don't want the truth, then don't post the question on the internet to a bunch of strangers who don't know you and aren't afraid to tell it like it is.

In this case her friend was trying to be left alone and the OP wasn't getting the subtle hints the friend was giving her. I simply pointed out why her friend got a little upset with her for not getting the hint to leave her be for now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't know however they may goggle you lol
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2010