He won't see him yetp

Well my ex won't see his 3 week old son until he goes in for a DNA test. My son and just did it so now we're waiting for him. He doesn't go in until nov 18th and it takes 2 weeks to get the results
back so that would be in December and than he expects me to
leave him over night his very first time.... It stinks being a single parent... I'm not a single parent once but twice, has anyones babys father done this to them?

aidens_mom_0854

Asked by aidens_mom_0854 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• if he feels the need for a DNA test, I'd question his distrust of you and not blame him at all if he felt you were not faithful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• He told me it wasn't that he doesn't trust me but because of what his ex baby's mama did to him in the past. I am 100 percent he is his. Him and I did have unprotected sex
    aidens_mom_0854

Comment by aidens_mom_0854 (original poster) at 6:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Mine said that too when I was pregnant (that he wouldn't help until he got a test) so that's what we planned. But he decided to show up last minute when my son was born and when he saw him for the 1st time and how much he looks exactly like him, he dropped the test thing.

Don't know if this would help but has he seen a picture of the baby yet? Does the baby look just like him? That might help him to step up before the proof comes back. Do make sure he takes the test though, you don't want him to not do it and then later on try to bring it up again and an excuse to not help. You may want to remind him also how much he is missing out if he choses to do absolutely nothing as yall wait for the results. That when he finds out the baby is his, he will regret missing out on these 1st early weeks. It may not change his mind, but it's a thought. Good Luck and congrats on the new bundle of joy!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• my dd father did something similar. he wanted a dna test but he wanted to see her. there were so many indications that the baby was his. besides the fact she looked exactly like him at birth. he fell in love the minute he held her. i live in a different state so its difficult for him to see her but i try to do it as much as possible and he comes to visit. its very difficult. good luck though.
    oh i forgot to add he did not see me the whole pregnancy so that was smilar. he missed out on the ultrasounds and such. he misses out on alot and its there own fault that they miss out. not you.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2010