For those who said the petition I posted was innfective...............

The outcry and sign petitions created enough stink to have Clint McCance resigned worked! Even though most of you didn't have interest in signing and attacked me for doing it, on line activism worked once again, it pressured him into doing the right thing! Anyone would like to admit you were wrong?

http://www.cnn.com/

Asked by older at 7:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I watched some of the interview with Anderson Cooper. His "apology" seemed more obligatory than sincere. He acted surprised by his own words--he said, "I'm sorry I made those ignorant comments and hurt people on a broad spectrum." He pretended that he didn't know that kids had actually committed suicide after bullying remarks much like the ones he made on his FaceBook page, even though his own words negate that pretense.

He has no business working with or on behalf of children, in any capacity. Maybe he can get a job with Fred Phelps, though. His intelligence (thereselves?!?) and compassion rank right up there with the sorts of demonstrations the WBC like to hold. I'm glad, at least, that he showed enough wisdom to resign. I doubt the sincerity of his apology. I think the only thing he's sorry for is that he has repercussions to pay for his ill-chosen words and complete lack of sensitivity.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I didn't reply to that but I did agree with some others that it was moreso the people of that communitys issue to deal with..

I am glad he will resign though...there are still others who should over different reasons..I cannot stress enough how the public school system badly needs to get back to the basics of academics...and stop putting so much focus on these social issues!

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No one attacked you. lol You are still playing the victim.lol
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I figured the community would react and I would bet the story being so wide spread throughout the media as well was enough.This man hopefully will learn the difference between disagreeing with a lifestyle and being a sick jerk...it's ok to disagree and actually he can say whatever he wants..but when it is as nasty as the things he said folks will respond and they have the right as well.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do wish you didn't have those replies deleted in the other post older..a certain someone (@@) really stuck her foot in her mouth in a few of her replies.Really was classic.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• oh yes, i read it, and all the newstorys concerning it..hello! i live in arkansas..its top news..other than blanche lincoln not getting re-elected. (YES!)
    so to say this action didn't effect me, and that i live too far away to car..nope. i live right here, as i stated in post yesterday. it seems for you its a matter of 'if you're not for us, you're against us', which couldn't be further from the truth. i understand why this issue is so near and dear to you, really i do...but its not everyone's issue. you want people to love you and your issues, you have to love them back. its a healthy reciprocal, and nets the better outcome. life is not one-sided.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• tn, the people of that community agreed just as much but world wide disgust is what got this man to see the light..................

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i don't think he 'saw the light'...words like his don't see lightness...i think he was forced to resign. period. effective? sure, for forcing a resignation. effective for getting someone to 'see the light'? nah. it was fighting 'hate' with 'more hate'. the majority of those who signed or cried out in disgust hated that man the minute they read the newstory, even if they were as far away from arkansas as ontario. i'd even go further, and bet that the majority of those signers have never or will never be in arkansas, much less in a school system in arkansas. hate fighting hate. that's all it was.
    no where did i read of someone focusing on turning this man's heart. just demanding a crucifixion.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• anon, I was attacked for posting the petition for all those ladies who were outraged at the remarks, but all but one had the guts to actually sign the petition, just want to point out what a world wide cry will do on or off line. I feel great thank you, but it made me terrible sad to see how uninvolved most women who came in my post were, and even at large most people refuse to get involved in anything that does not affect them even if it is terribly wrong!

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• dulls, you didn't read the petition did you? did you see the Cooper interview where he apologized and said he would resign? at least they had a good reason for hating such disgusting words aimed to hurt, what reason did he have? the word of God? please...give me a break, the God I know would not have such hatred anywhere in his soul!

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2010