Costume debate at home?

Going to a party and I wanna dress as Daisy Duke, I can pull it off and worked hard for it, so why not?

DH really doesn't want me to, but I have the right to choose don't I?

What do you think?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• You should be able to dress how you want! But since your husband isn't so sure about what about just toning the costume down? Like the shorts not being sooooo short or not showing too much stomach. Hey, I know you're proud of the work you've done and you should be dammit! :) But you do have to consider his feelings too. Whatever you wear I'm sure you'll be one sexy, conceited, slutty Daisy Duke!! LMAO!! ;)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You have a right to choose your own costume, but you should consider your DH's feelings to. How would you feel if he wanted to go in a costume that had him wearing something that would show off a lot of skin and other women were looking at him?
    deltadawn1975

Answer by deltadawn1975 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think if your husband is not comfortable with your custom, he will be with a long face at the party.... Any other cool idea as far as what you can dress as?

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My dh would be the opposite, if I had that figure right now (pregnant now...lol) then he would want me to show off b/c I am HIS....so its like his trophy or brag.

But maybe your dh is insecure in your relationship, I wouldnt go against what he asked me to do, not b/c he is in charge of you....but b/c marriage is give and take and feelings should be considered.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think if your Dh is uncomfortable with you dressing like...um...that. Then you should respect his wishes. There are plenty of other costumes you could wear without looking like a tramp.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sounds like he's insecure about it. Dress as YOU want to. He'll either end up supporting you or he won't.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Maybe he's afraid people will think you are a conceited slut. I wouldn't wear that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• just doesn't want other guys gawking at his girl lol
    kinda sweet imho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• why hide behind the Anon? I don't know you. Nor am I going to take the time to email a nasty atcha lol. That was actually kinda funny. ;-)

I love that I have the body to be accused of looking like I could be a slut. Awesome ;-) LOL Means my work paid off.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• LMAO right on, Michelle lol
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2010