advice on friendship -please help

My two best friends have not come to see my baby since he's been born-over a month ago. They both don't have kids and one doesn't even have a job. Do you think it's wrong of me to be upset about this? They keep making excuses. I finally told one of them how I felt and she was so insensitive about it. She said she has a problem with my dog and that she had other priorities. She also said that I expect too much. How would you deal with this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• maybe your friends aren't comfortable with babies???
    otherwise they probably aren't really your friends...
    sorry
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 5:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i'd get new friends... some of the best friends i had were those that also had children and we helped each other out... kids could play together and i could have adult time too... the single/childless friends i had would come see me and understand i needed time to plan stuff.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• They suck. That is absolutely awful if theyre supposed to be your best friends. I'd get new friends too. Unfortunately people change after you have ababy and you lose a lot of your previous friends. Took me until recently to make new ones!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 7:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• thank you everyone! I am definitely going to get rid of both of them. I pretty much did with the insensitive one. It is just so disappointing to know that you do so much for your best friends and in return they call it expectations if you want the simplist things done for you.I also went through the babyblues and was crying nonstop while they were making excuses but oh well. I think I will just stick to my friends who have children..it is so much easier and they have totally been understanding.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry, but you have every right to be upset...this is a big deal in your life and if they can't take an hour out of there day to drive and see your baby, even if it is 20 minutes...they are not your best friends. If something happened in their life, and you did not acknowledge it, they would be upset. I would try not to get too upset, maybe try making some new and better friends :)
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 8:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Often, when there is a big change in your life, previous friendships don't work out as well. Your priorities have changed, theirs haven't. I'd look for some friends with similar interests (like Baby n Me type classes etc.).
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 8:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008