Do you like egg sandwiches?

When I was a kid my Mom used to cook a couple of eggs in a small frying pan, like an omlette. Then she put butter on bread, egg in between and served them that way. Haven't thought of them in years and now I have a craving for one LOL. Have you ever eaten anything like that?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 8:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Fried egg sandwich. My mom used to make them for us...gee that's brought back memories. She used to make them for my dad when he got home from a music session with his brothers and cousins...lots of drinking moonshine, with a little music. Also when the men came in from hunting. I guess it was just easy and quick to fix. We always had lots of eggs on the farm.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Fried egg sandwich, with mayo and a bit of pepper, yum!

Bacon and cheese is great, too.

LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 9:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes, I love eggs!!!!!

Answer by older at 8:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do like them, but it's been a really long time since I've had them that way. I have made hard boiled egg sandwiches and egg salad sandwiches fairly recently though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Lol, actually I love them. I fry the egg in butter, and then put it between toast.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i have to be craving one in order to enjoy it. but when i do crave one and have it, it hits the spot just right! i fry them up, put a slice of cheese on so it melts, butter some toast and put it in the toast. sometimes i will add a slice of turkey bacon. and wash it down with a big glass of OJ. yummy =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes I do that with a "fried" egg with real bacon bits and melted cheese for my kids
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• ya but my tummy doesn't
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I make them by frying an egg in Pam until the yolk is solid, then putting it in between buttered slices of white bread so it all melts together and gets soft. I grew up on this, and my own kids eat it this way at least once a week. It's a great comfort food for me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Oh yes! I put mine on toast though - 2 eggs plus 2 slices of whole grain bread keeps me going for 6 hours! Sometimes I put grape jelly on it too - sounds gross but omgoodness it's gooooood!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2010